Add contact details to your store
Contact details are important for online stores to increase buyer confidence and enable customers to reach out to you. Get creative with your contact page layouts!
In brief, you will have to:
- Create a new Page
- Configure the Page Settings
- Add the Page Content
- Add a Contact Form (optional)
This article will guide you through the steps to add contact details and form to your store.
1. Create a new Page
To make a new page, go to Content Management in your administration, and select "Pages".
Click "New page" in the top right-hand corner:
2. Configure the Page Settings
Once you have created a page, you will be able to start setting it up.
2.1 Add page information
Name the page with the title you would like to see in your administration and on the storefront page itself.
Also, update the page's privacy as you see fit:
- Everyone: Visible to anyone who visits the page
- Registered users only: Only visible to people who are logged in with their account
"Activate" the page when you are ready for it to be published!
2.2 Configure the menu
You can add your page to the menu under the same or a different title; indicate that in this section.
Then, you can set the navigation position in the menu.
2.3 Add an external link
If you would like to redirect your viewer to an external website, go ahead and add the URL in this field:
2.4 Select a template
The "template" refers to how the page should look.
Select from a variety of layouts which your page can have, like how many columns should be added, and whether or where the sidebar should be.
Contact pages can be displayed
Use just one column - or use two to present information side-by-side:
PRO TIP: Add a contact form for added convenience too!
2.5 Add SEO
SEO is important for search engines.
By default, the URL and page title will be the same as the Page Title you set earlier (in step 2.1).
Keywords can be added by writing words and short phrases, separated by commas.
The page description should be added, to be seen as a preview when potential customers are using a search engine.
When you're done, hit SAVE!
3. Add Page Content
Now that the settings have been configured, you can begin to add the content your customers will see.
3.1 Open the new contact page
View the new page in your shop, either by clicking "Show in shop" in the top right-hand corner:
Or you can navigate there by clicking "Shop" in the top left menu, then clicking the page title in the footer at the bottom of the page:
3.2 Click on the settings icon to edit content
When you are logged into your account, you will see setting icons (cogwheels) on your storefront.
NB! These are not visible to your customers. Click on the icon to bring up more settings:
3.3 Add Content
After clicking the settings icon, a popup will appear for you to work with:
Add standard text
Go ahead and write or paste text into the text field :)
Add Google Maps
Adding Google Maps is a great way to get customer's to visit your physical store or market.
1. Go to the Google Maps page and search for your store’s or company’s address:
2. Click on the menu icon to bring up more options:
3. Select "Share or Embed map" from the menu:
4. Select "Embed map" (in the following tab), then use the drop-down menu to select a suitable size for your map:
5. Copy the "iFrame" URL from Google Maps, to be pasted in your ShopRoller account.
6. In your ShopRoller account, in the "Edit Page" window, select the HTML icon:
7. Use this window for entering or pasting the code that you copied from Google Maps:
8. Click UPDATE, then in the Edit Page window, click SAVE.
3. Add a Contact Form
Configure and add an email address for all the feedback from clients (from the contact form).
3.1 Go to your Feedback Settings
From your administration view, select SETTINGS, then click SETTINGS again.
In the Settings Menu, select FEEDBACK:
In the Feedback settings page, set up the contact form details:
- Add the email address the messages from customers should be delivered to
- Add an email subject for automatic use
Add or hide contact form fields, and set whether they are "required" for entry - or not:
Congratulations! You now have a contact page with contact form.
You can find more information on the requirements for online retailers on the Estonian E-commerce Association’s website available at http://e-kaubanduseliit.ee/alustavale-e-kauplejale/