Create and send newsletter with Mailchimp
First create or login to your Mailchimp account!
1. Open your Mailchimp account
- Login to your Mailchimp account and click on your name in the header and select Account from the drop-down menu
2. Open the API Keys page in Mailchimp.
- On the page that opens, select Extras > API keys from the horizontal menu
3. Create a new API key to connect to the e-store
- On the page that opens, there is a section called Your API keys. Click on Create A Key!
4. Open the Mailchimp settings in ShopRoller to add the key
- Open Mailchimp settings in the admin.
- To do this, go to Addon > Misc > MailChimp in the admin.
5. Enter the API key in the Mailchimp settings
- Add the API key in the field provided for the key! Save!
List ID, or the newer name Audience ID, should also be created in Mailchimp.
- Audience ID is used to create a specific list of customers who are connected to your newsletters. And all new subscribers are sent to that list.
- To create a List ID or Audience ID, click on the Audience icon in your Mailchimp account and select Audience dashboard from the menu .
- After that, select View audiences from the Manage Audience drop-down menu on the right.
- If you want to make a new list, click on the left to the "Create Audience" button!
- To find the List ID or Audience ID, click Manage Audience again and select Settings from the drop-down menu
- On the settings page, click on the first option: Audience name and defaults.
- On the right side of the page, you will find your Audience ID or List ID, which should also be added to the Mailchimp settings in ShopRoller.
- Add this Audience ID to your Mailchimp settings in the webshop admin: Addon > Misc > MailChimp
- Add it to the List ID field by clicking the magnifying glass next to the field
- To add the List ID/Audience ID, click on the given Audience ID name. Save!
6. Set up additional options for the newsletter
- Set additional settings for the newsletter. To do this, go to Settings > Settings > Newsletter in the admin and make your selections!
- Select Mailchimp mailing service
- If you choose E-mail, only the notification of subscription to the newsletter will be sent to the merchant. The e-mail will not be sent to the newsletter account
1. Where can I see the subscribers to the newsletter?
- You can see all the people who subscribed to the newsletter in Mailchimp. The subscribers list is not visible in ShopRoller.
2. I have selected an option, that after the customer Subscribes the customer will receive an automatic email confirmation, but unfortunately this does not happen.
- The automatic response after subscribing to the newsletter can be set up and designed in the Mailchimp newsletter program, not in your ShopRoller account.
3. Why doesn't subscribing to the newsletter work (fail)?
- Check that you have entered the correct API key
- Check that you haven't accidentally copied spaces at the end or beginning of your API key